Comfrey tincture is a food supplement made from domestic herbs and spirits.
COMPOSITION OF COMFREY TINCTURE (Symphytum officinale):
- fresh comfrey roots (Slovenian, organic),
- fruit spirit (Slovenian, organic).
Quantity: 100 ml.
All ingredients are produced and processed in Slovenia, EU.
Ecologically certified – controlled by IKC UM – SI-EKO-002.
Extraction ratio 1: 3, V/V, brandy 45% vol. alk.
Filled in a dark glass bottle together with a dosing cap.
HOW TO USE COMFREY TINCTURE (Symphytum officinale):
Tincture is used external. One rubes in the undiluted tincture on the affected area at least twice a day.
You can also prepare a clay compress namely 1 tablespoon of comfrey tincture mix with dry clay, and add enough water to obtain a spread able mixture. Than spread it on a cotton cloth about half a centimeter thick. The compress place on the affected area and leave there over the night.
Certain substances in comfrey could cause liver damage. Recommended definitely safe use is for 4-6 weeks per year.
Internal use of comfrey tincture is no longer recommended. If someone nevertheless decides to use it, than take 20 drops 3 times a day for 3 weeks, or until required. We take tincture always with water – either by instillation into a glass of water or we instill it in a spoon and wash down with a glass of water.
TIPS FOR EASER USE OF COMREY TINCTURE (Symphytum officinale):
- Comfrey contains some alkaloids that may be carcinogenic and can harm the liver. One can use it external only a limited time. Not suitable for pregnant women.
- Internal use is not any more recommended.
- For external use on the skin are side effects not known.
- How fast occurs improvement depends mainly on defect; in a minor defect is a significant recovery achieved after a few days, enduring injuries take longer.
- Because the tincture dries the skin, we recommend the use of an ointment. First, we rub in the tincture on the affected area, and then apply some ointment – one of our products, we recommend comfrey ointment or spruce resin ointment.
- Dietary supplements are not a substitute for a balanced and varied diet.
- The recommended daily amount or dose should not be exceeded.
- Keep out of reach of children.