Workshop making herbal oils, tinctures and ointments is suitable for all those who would like to learn how to make quality traditional herbal oils (macerates), herbal tinctures and ointments by themselves. In this workshop you’ll get the basic and in-depth knowledge and practical experience in the making of such domestic products. So you can relieve yourself a lot of problems.
TOPICS OF THE WORKSHOP MAKING HERBAL OILS, TINCTURES AND OINTMENTS
- Learning about herbs that are best suited for external use or for making of ointments and oils,
- various traditional and modern methods of making ointments, tinctures and macerates,
- various vegetable oils and fats; the differences between them,
- different waxes for hardening,
- traditional ointment with hydrolate,
- use of essential oils,
- making an ointment with resin,
- use of other natural additives e.g. honey, clay, …
- everybody makes his oven oil and tincture by himself and together we make a herbal ointment.
Each participant receives material with basic information and recipes. He receives its oven tincture, oil and ointment, which we make at the workshop, as well. Which ointment wil be made at the workshop can be adapted to the wishes of the group.
Duration: about 2.5 hours
Workshop is led by Monika and Tomaž Mulej
Contribution: presumably EUR 40 (depending on the location and the organizer),
The price for oranisations is negotiable
Optional pre-registration (only in Slovenia):